Into the future: AusNog 2018
Aussie Broadband soared into the 5th largest telco spot this year with phenomenal success. It’s hard to believe that two years ago we were only connected to 12 POI’s with 10,000 nbn subscribers. Now, our network extends to all 121 POI’s with 72,000 nbn services. Our predicted growth is set to ascend even higher in the upcoming year.
Managing Director Phillip Britt is at Ausnog to address our list of goals and challenges that we face in the 2018-19 fiscal year. Here’s a quick overview on the topics that will be covered.
• IPv4 address exhaustion and shortage
• Implementing CG-Nat with free native IPv6 opt-out
• The challenges we overcame in our Cisco systems to enable IPv6
• Moving to fully protected 10G links to 119 POI’s.
• Core network upgrades as 10G isn’t enough
• DHCP & Radius servers reworking and availability in all data centres
• Solutions to international transit issues and the possibility of building our own
• Our work to get Fixed Wireless converted over to FTTN or FTTC
The future is now. We look forward to discussing our goals and challenges for the year at the 2018 AusNog.
You can find a link to Phil’s presentation from Ausnog 2018 here