Try our My Aussie app
Configure Mac Mail
This article provides the steps required to successfully setup your email account in Mac Mail.
Launch Mac Mail from the Mac dock.
Once Mac Mail has loaded, click Mail at the top of the screen, then click Preferences.
When the preferences window has loaded, click on the Accounts tab.
To add a new email account, click on the ‘+’ on the bottom left hand side of the window.
In the ‘General Information’ window, fill in the following fields.
- Account Type: POP
- Account Description:Can be left as default as this is only your pop3 profile name.
- Full Name: Your display name
- Email Address: The email address being added
In the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ window, fill in the following fields.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.aussiebroadband.com.au
- User Name: Your full email address
- Password: Your password
- In the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ window, fill in the following fields.
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.aussiebroadband.com.au
- Ensure that Use authentication is unticked. Click Continue
An account summary will be shown with your entered details. Verify these and click Continue. Note: SSL should be off – if either or both of these are on please call us for assistance in disabling SSL. (For those that require it, SSL is supported. For more information visit the General Email Settings page)
The conclusion window should appear. Simply click Done to finalize the setup of your email account!