Try our My Aussie app
Working from Home Tips FAQ
Working from home doesn’t need to be frustrating, hair-pulling, or migraine-inducing. No one needs that right now. We’re here to help calm those turbulent waters for a smooth sailing WFH experience with 4 simple tips.
- VPN – Your workplace may require you to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access their server. So, what do you do if it’s not working? Our technical experts recommend checking your router settings first to ensure that it isn’t causing your problems. Here’s a handy guide to help.
- Speed – There are two types of common speed issues WFH people may encounter. For all speed concerns, we recommend running a speed test on our site first. Speed test results performed on our site will be recorded to your account to help our staff to troubleshoot your connection.
- Device Related – Device related speed issues generally affect 1 device in your home. Other devices seem unaffected. This may be due to device priority in your router settings, if applicable. For Google Home users, this is a simple setting in your app called Priority Device where you can set which devices that require top priority (For example, your work laptop gets top priority and the kids’ tablet gets least priority). This will ensure your videoconferencing meetings run smoothly. If you’re unable to find this setting in your router, our team can help.
- Server Related- Speed test results look great, so why is it taking ages to upload a file to a remote server? Sometimes the route your file packets take results in slower than normal speeds. This path may include international links. We do our best to maintain optimal links across the world, however, sometimes these can change without warning overnight. To help with troubleshooting, try to get the IP address of the server that you’re connecting to before contacting our team. We can assist with running a traceroute so our network operation engineers can determine if there is a better, faster path we can send your file as it travels to the destination server.
- WiFi – WiFi can be beautiful or the source of many headaches. We have a guide to ease the pain. Give your WiFi a boost
- Getting help from our team – Our team of technical experts are available to help any time between 8am and midnight AEST. You can contact them 3 different ways depending on what’s convenient for you.Phone- 1300 880 905
1300 180 905
(07) 3059 8638
(02) 9994 0158
(03) 4310 3800
MyAussie Portal/App (includes fault logging) –
Live Chat (popups must be enabled)