Coverage and Speed
Aussie Broadband ABN 29132090192 acts as a reseller and uses part of the 4G and 3G mobile network and capabilities of Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556) to provide our mobile services.
The mobile product of Aussie Broadband provides a 4G coverage footprint of 97% and a combined 4G and 3G coverage footprint of more than 98.8% of the Australian population covering 1.62 million square kilometres.
The network capability of Aussie Broadband’s mobile solution has access to download speeds of up to 100Mbps on 4G across 92% of the population.4G devices will enjoy typical download speeds of 2-50Mbps and upload speeds of 1 to 10 Mbps in 4G coverage areas.
On 3G, typical download speeds are 1.1-20Mbps across more than 85% of the population, 550kbps to 8Mbps across more than 95% of the population, and 550kbps to 3Mbps in remaining coverage areas reaching 98.5% of the population. Typical wireless packet data upload speeds on the 3G network are 300kbps to 3Mbps across more than 93% of the population and in remaining coverage areas 300kbps to1Mbps*.
*End-user speeds will also vary due to factors such as device capabilities, location, distance from the base station, local terrain, user numbers, hardware and software configuration, download source / upload destination and network management measures.”
How do I activate my new SIM card?
If you have recently purchased a mobile sim service through Aussie Broadband you can activate your SIM by going to our activation page here.
To activate the SIM, you will need the "SIM number" as well as the “activation code” which you can find on the inside of the green envelope that your SIM card arrived in.
If you have issues or need help, simply call our technical support team who can help guide you through this process on 1300 880 905.
How do I find out the IMEI number of my mobile phone?
The IMEI number is usually located either under the battery in the back of your mobile phone or on the box in which your mobile phone was delivered in.
The IMEI number is an equipment identifier and is unique to every mobile handset. It is a 15 digit number. This number can also be obtained by typing *#06# followed by the call button. This key combination will then present your IMEI number on your screen.
International RoamingHeaded overseas and want to take your phone? We have you covered. Our international roaming is an option for you. With our Travel Pack, you will get included calls and texts to selected countries, and 200MB of data from $12 per day. How it works Although International Roaming is disabled by default, you may already have this enabled on your account. If you’re heading overseas, we would recommend you check My Aussie, or contact our customer service team on 1300 880 905 to check if this feature is enabled or not. Once enabled, it will automatically activate upon entering selected countries (potentially even if the phone is in Airplane Mode). Eligible countries A full list of countries which automatically activate upon entry can be found here, along with their rates. Travel pack - $12 per 24 hours including international calls and texts to eligible countries (see below), along with their rates (click here for full info) as well as 200MB of data. If you exceed your daily data usage, you will incur additional costs at the relevant PAYG rates for the country you are in (see previous link for rates). Non-travel pack - relevant PAYG rates for the country you are in. Click here for full PAYG rates and list of eligible countries. Please note, it is your responsibility to check with us before you travel to see if international roaming is enabled or disabled on your device and Aussie Broadband service. If you would rather not incur additional charges when travelling overseas, we would recommend you have this feature disabled, even if you plan on leaving your phone in flight mode. How to avoid unwanted additional charges and bill shock If you intend to use a large amount of data, it is recommended that you connect your device to a WiFi connection in the country you are visiting. 200MB of data will not last long if you are browsing social media or watching videos. Also, remember your phone and apps quite often constantly use data 'in the background'. You will receive notifications by SMS to your device when you hit 50%, 85% and 100% usage. Please note there can be a 48-hour delay between when you use data and when it is recorded on our usage website, so you should not rely on these notifications. Data will continue to be used after you reach the 200MB limit and you will receive a notification for each additional $100 of PAYG data you consume in this time. PAYG charges: If you visit one of the 9 non-travel pack countries you will be charged for every call or SMS, and every MB of data you use, as per the PAYG rates for the country you are in. Additional data: If you visit one of the 60 travel pack countries and you exceed the 200MB of data usage within the 24-hour period (very easy to do), you will be charged per MB for additional data for the remainder of the 24-hour period, as per the PAYG rates for the country you are in. Please note: You may not receive a warning that you are close to exceeding your included data, depending on how fast you are using it. PAYG charges: If you visit one of the 9 non-travel pack countries you will be charged for every call or SMS, and every MB of data you use, as per the PAYG rates for the country you are in. Automatic renewal: Once the 24-hour period has elapsed the service will automatically renew for the next 24-hour period. To stop this from happening you would need to remove the SIM from your phone, or switch you phone completely off. MMS: MMS charges will apply for all countries, as per PAYG rates. If you are in any doubt, we would recommend you disable international roaming and purchase a local SIM from the country you are visiting. It is your responsibility to keep a close eye on your roaming charges when overseas. PAYG rates could end up costing you a small fortune. Be careful with your usage! Click here for the Critical Information Summary
Mobile Voicemail FAQ
Here's all the information that you need to know about setting up your mobile voicemail.
What do I dial to call voicemail?
To access your voicemail: Dial 141
How do I initiate Voice Setup?
- Dial 141 from your handset
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and press the # key
- Record your name and press # key
- If you wish to listen to your recording - press 1
- If you wish to re-record your recording - press 2
- If you're okay with your recording - press # to save
- Record all call greeting and press # to save
- If you wish to listen to your recording - press 1
- If you wish to re-record your name - press 2
- If you are okay with your recording - press # to save
How do I change my mailbox settings?
- Dial 141 from your handset, then
- To change mailbox settings - press 3
- To setup login options (setup voicemail pin) - press 1
- To change notifications settings (to enable or disable SMS notifications) - press 3
- To return to your previous menu - press *
- Help administering your mailbox - press 0
How can I manage my voicemail greetings?
- Dial 141 from your handset, then
- To manage your greetings - press 2
- To setup your all call greetings - press 1
- To record your name - press 2
- To return to the previous menu - press *
- Help administering your mailbox - press 0
How can I access my voicemail remotely?
To access your voicemail remotely, perform the following steps:
- Dial the MSN and wait for the diversion to voicemail
- While the greeting is being played, press the # key
- Enter the PIN number set up for the service and press the # key again
After completing these steps, you will have access to the voicemail box as if dialing to the voicemail short code from your handset.
How many messages can be stored in my voicemail?
A maximum of 20 messages can be stored in your voicemail, each message can be up to 60 seconds.
How long are unplayed messages held for?
Unplayed messages are held for 10 days.
How long are played messages held for?
Played messages are held for 7 days.
How long are played and stored messages held for?
Played and stored messages are held for 10 days.
Standard porting hours for transfering current number to Aussie Broadband
The standard porting hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am to 08:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
- Saturdays: 10:00am to 06:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
- Closed on Public Holidays
Orders submitted outside of these hours mentioned above will be queued in our system for processing.
What do I do if my mobile phone is displaying ‘PUK CODE’?
After 3 unsuccessful attempts at entering your PIN code, your mobile phone will display "Enter PUK Code". If you enter the PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) incorrectly 3 times your handset will shut down. This is a security measure and you'll need to purchase a replacement SIM card.
What do I do if my mobile phone is lost or stolen?
In the event that your mobile phone is lost or stolen, please give our friendly staff a call on 1300 880 905 and we will place a barring on the handset. This will prevent the mobile phone from making outbound calls, only allowing it to receive incoming calls.
What should I do if my mobile number has been illegally transferred (ported)?
Illegal mobile number porting is when your personal details are fraudulently used to “port” or transfer your mobile number from one provider to another without your consent.
To protect our customers from unauthorised ports, we have added an additional identity verification process that is used during the porting request process to verify the identity of the person making the porting request. This will happen before your number is ported.
If you suspect your number has been illegally ported, you should immediately:
- Report any suspicious activity to Scamwatch, IDCare, and/or ReportCyber;
- Report the activity of the scam or suspicious activity you’ve experienced to the Australian Federal Police or the relevant State or Territory Police;
- Contact your bank to advise of the illegal porting. Scammers will have access to your mobile, therefore if they try to access your bank account a verification code may be sent from your bank to your mobile phone, which the scammer has access to;
- Change your passwords to any account that was accessible via your mobile number. The scammer may have gained access to social media profiles, email accounts and banking details via your mobile number.
Tips on protecting your identity and preventing illegal number transfers
- Ask your bank to set up a secret pin number or password that only you know, to identify yourself when you contact them.
- Be aware of any mention you have made of your mobile number online
- Change your settings on Social Media accounts to ensure your mobile number is private and not available for public viewing.
- Change your settings on Social Media accounts to ensure your birthdate is private and not available for public viewing.
- Create strong passwords for your social media and any online accounts. Your passwords should be different to each other, you can use password manager software to assist with this.
- Wherever possible, use two-step verification to log in to your online accounts. Two-step verification is when you are sent a verification code via SMS or email that needs to be entered before you can log in to an account
- Delete emails regularly. Try to remove any emails from your inbox that may identify your identity or accounts (such as utility bills, bank statements etc). This will help minimize the impact if your email account becomes compromised.
If you require further assistance or if you are unsure if your number has been illegally churned please call our friendly support team on 1300 880 905.
Are any calls or SMS messages excluded from your mobile plans?
Premium numbers, such as 1900 numbers, are not accessible.
Premium SMS, calls to 1234, 12455 & 12456, Call Forwarding, International Calls & SMS Messages, International & National Directory Assistance, Video Calls and Calls to Mobile Satellite Phones will incur additional charges. Contact our support centre on 1300 880 905 for more information
Can I hide my number on a call by call basis from my mobile phone?
From your mobile phone, dial #31# followed by the number you wish to dial. This will hide your number from being visible to the recipient on a call by call basis.
Does Aussie Broadband allow Premium SMS?
Premium SMS messages are allowed by Aussie Broadband but are barred by default. If you would like this feature enabled, please call our support staff on 1300 880 905.
How do I cancel an active divert from my mobile phone to another number?
To cancel an active divert, simply type ##21**10# followed by the call button.
How do I divert my mobile phone to another number?
If you’re asking yourself “how do I divert my mobile to another number” then you’re in luck, because it could not be easier! Simply type **21* followed by the phone number you wish to forward calls to, including the area code, and then *10#, followed by the call button. It’s as simple as that!
Why does my phone send multiple messages from a single SMS?
An SMS is restricted to 160 characters in length. If you exceed this character length, 1 or more additional SMS messages will be sent. Additional SMS messages will appear separately on your bill if this happens.
Why was my SMS delayed?
Most mobile phones can send and receive SMS text messages. We'll take reasonable steps to deliver any text sent from your mobile phone. Somtimes technical, network or other unforeseen issues may prevent a message from being delivered in a timely manner, despite our best efforts. Please note that all SMS message sent from your phone will be charged regardless if it is delivered to the intended recipient or not.
Activate Your Data Only Sim
To activate your data only SIM visit our activation page. You will need to use the SIM Number and Activation Code that were sent to you on the inside of the green envelope that your SIM card arrived in.
The APN settings should be automatically configured.
If you have any issues with activation or require help, simply call our technical support team who can help guide you through this process on 1300 880 905.